Click to Home

Business Licenses

Occupation Tax Certficate/Business Licenses

Every business, including home-based businesses, located in the City of Berkeley Lake must apply for an occupation tax certificate annually. 

There is a nominal administrative fee for the processing of all applications. The amount of occupation tax owed is based on the number of full-time equivalents employed by the business in the previous calendar year.

For all businesses and home occupations click here to apply for or renew an Occupation Tax Certficate/Business License. To assist you in the application process, please review the instructions for new applicants or renewals, as applicable. 

Applicants will need some or all of these forms to upload during the online application process. 

 Occupation Tax Certificate/Business License DocumentDescription 
 Worksheet - OTC Tax Calculation  Recommended 
 Form - Corporate Officers or Partners List Conditionally Required
 Form - SAVE Affidavit  Required
 Form - E-verify Affidavit Required
 Form - Customary Home Occupation Statement  Conditionally Required

As a reminder to all business license applicants, Waste Management is the exclusive waste hauling provider for the City of Berkeley Lake. All businesses are required to contract with Waste Management for waste hauling services. 

Alcohol Licenses

Businesses that sell and serve beer, wine, distilled spirits, and/or alcoholic beverages are required to obtain a City of Berkeley Lake Alcohol License.  The following forms are available for your use. If you have questions, please contact city hall for more information.

Beginning January 12, 2022, the Georgia Department of Revenue will be issuing licenses from a centralized portal. More information for retail alcohol license applicants can be found at the following link: and in the following documents. 

Door-to-door Sales and Soliciting

Any person who solicits or canvasses door-to-door in residential areas of the City of Berkeley Lake on behalf of a commercial enterprise must have a city-issued permit for such activity. Anyone soliciting or canvassing on behalf of a religious or charitable organization must carry with them a copy of the Certificate of Notification provided by the city to the organization.

Commercial door-to-door sales and soliciting permits require a fingerprint-based background check and payment of a $75.00 permit fee.  Please see the application instructions and application form.

Charitable and religious organizations wishing to solicit or canvass must register their intent and obtain a Certificate of Notification.  There is no fee associated with the application for a Certificate.  Please follow this link for instructions


City Hall

4040 S. Berkeley Lake Rd.
Berkeley Lake, GA 30096

Ph: (770) 368 9484


Monday - Thursday
11:00AM - 4:00PM