It is each resident’s responsibility to comply with city ordinances. Often times, a permit must be obtained from the City of Berkeley Lake prior to any changes or improvements being made to property and dwellings.
Failure to obtain required permits and/or failure to comply with city ordinances can result in stop-work orders, revocation of existing permits / licenses, doubled fees, citations, municipal court summons, fines, imprisonment, and other remedies prescribed by law.
The City of Berkeley Lake Municipal Judge is appointed annually and hears court evidence on citations for violations of city ordinances as needed.
Fines & Fees Reporting
The city is required to submit a monthly report of court fines to the Georgia Superior Court Clerks Cooperative Authority (GSCCCA). There are several state mandated funds that receive a percentage of fines and fees the city collects:
- Peace Officer’s Annuity Benefit Fund (POABF)
- Local Victims Assistance Program (LVAP)
- Peace Officer, Prosecutor and Training Fund-Bond Forfeitures (POPIDF-A)
- Peace Officer, Prosecutor and Indigent Defense Fund - Bond Forfeitures (POPIDF-B)
- LVAP monies to Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners, and
- POPIDF-A and POPIDF-B monies to GSCCCA.
The city also submits annual reports to the Administrative Office of the Courts regarding municipal court caseload.
Municipal Court Clerk
4040 S. Berkeley Lake Rd.
Berkeley Lake, GA 30096
Ph: (770) 368 9484 x 104